To conduct research and analysis in support of GEG Africa’s implementation of its work programme.
The second phase of the GEG Africa programme (GEG II) started on 1 March 2016 and will be implemented over a period of three years to March 2019. The programme aims to strengthen the influence of coalitions within South Africa and on the African continent working to bring about pro-poor policy-making through institutions of global economic governance. The programme is expected to contribute to creating ‘an international system of global economic governance, which works better for the poor in Africa’.
- Post-graduate degree in Economics or International Relations (International Political Economy).
- Two years of research experience in either government, multilateral organisations, research institutions, think tanks or universities.
- Superior research, analysis and report writing skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and work within a team.
- Sound understanding of South African’s foreign policy and priorities on the African continent and globally.
- Sound understanding of the policymaking process in the South African government, as well as the role of various departments in government in the country’s foreign policy.
- Sound understanding of global economic governance institutions
- Ability to interpret trends in global economic governance and interpret their implications for South Africa and Africa.
- Must be a South African citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be able to travel.
- Liaise with the Project Director on defining research projects.
- Assist the Programme Management Unit (PMU) to build the African Network for each theme.
- Liaise with theme leads and South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA) for event planning and implementation.
- Liaise with theme leads and SAIIA for communications planning and implementation.
- Manage the production of the monthly programme newsletter.
- Assist in the PMU’s monitoring and evaluation responsibilities.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
How to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 12 June 2016.