Selected Media Coverage
- Brics development bank likely to be launched at upcoming summit, Engineering News, 8 July 2014.
- BRICS to open new bank, CNBC Africa, 9 July 2014
- BRICS summit to discuss Argentina membership, SABC, 9 July 2014
- New BRICS Monetary Fund May Reproduce Inequalities, Inter Press Service, 12 July 2014
- BRICS set to play bigger role in global governance, China Daily, 15 July 2014
- Date: Tuesday, 8 July 2014
- Time: 09:00 – 13:00
- Venue: Holiday Inn - Rosebank
- Sanusha Naidu and Francis Kornegay, Institute for Global Dialogue
- Simon Schaefer, Frontier Advisory
- Christopher Wood, SAIIA
This special media briefing will look at the key milestones of the BRICS grouping during South Africa’s tenure as chair. SAIIA aims to prepare editors and journalists for the 6th Annual BRICS Summit to be held in Fortaleza, Brazil from 14 – 16 July 2014. The Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) grouping has evolved into a force with ambitions to challenge the current global political and economic architecture.
Twitter Tags: @SAIIA_info @gegafrica #BRICS
The Global Economic Governance Africa (GEG-Africa) Project is a partnership between SAIIA and Centre for Human Rights at the University of Pretoria.